Last year I posted an annual quiz, recapping the events of the year. In 2015, I’ve made one bigger and better!
Below are my 2015 News Q’s, followed by a range of downloads that include more 2015 trivia games, including Faces of 2015 (male and female), news in photos, films, music, headlines (fill the gap) and more.
The full shebang is enclosed in the PowerPoint; however, you will need PowerPoint 2013 for this to work correctly. The video round “iTuned in” is only available in this download.
Answers are provided on the attached answers PDF.
Feel free to download, share, pick and choose, and enjoy!
2015 News Q’s
1. January: What is the name of the French satirical magazine attacked by gunmen who killed 12 people?
2. February: Who won the 2015 Australian Open Men’s Singles Final?
3. March: On March 5, what event related to Ebola occurred in Liberia?
4. March: What was the name given to the natural disaster in Vanuatu, which resulted in 40 deaths?
5. April: What were the names of the two Australians executed in Indonesia for drug smuggling?
6. April: A 7.9 magnitude earthquake struck which capital city?
7. May: What was the most talked about vote in the May Irish constitutional referendums?
8. June: Nine people were shot dead at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in what city?
9. June: What unit of time occurred for the first time in 3 years?
10. Who became the first transgender person to appear on the cover of Vanity Fair?
11. July: What was the name of the spacecraft that completed a historic flyby of the dwarf planet Pluto?
12. August: Which celebrity announced he would be running for President in 2020?
13. August: Customer details were hacked and leaked relating to what website?
14. September: The President of the United States nominates Eric Fanning as the first what (secretary of the army)?
15. September: Malcolm Turnbull was sworn in as Prime Minister on 15 September. What number Australian prime minister is he?
16. September: Who won the 2015 AFL Brownlow Medal?
17. October: What is the name of the civilian NSW Police Force worker shot dead outside Police Headquarters in Parramatta?
18. November: A nightclub fire that killed 32 people and resulted in the resignation of Prime Minister Victor Ponta occurred in what country?
19. December: What significant international conference took place in Paris and what was the conference objective?
PowerPoint (use the command buttons within the presentation to move around, select answers, return to “Rounds” page, etc. – no need to go slide-by-slide): 03 2015 annual quiz – final
PDF questions: 04.1 2015 annual quiz – questions
PDF picture rounds: 04.2 2015 annual quiz – picture rounds
All answers: 04.4 2015 annual quiz – answers